Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thing 7 Communication Tools

I have used e-mail as a communication tool for several years. I currently have 3 e-mail accounts: 1 for work, 1 for personal communication which I don't use when signing up for anything because I want to keep it spam free as much as possible and the 3rd I use for shopping and signing up for offers etc. and it gets alot of spam.

At work, since we have 13 branch libraries and 10 LINK sites spread over a 7 county area I use it to communicate within our region. The use of e-mail enhances my productivity since I don't have to communicate by snail mail or telephone.

I have an IM account set up for my personal e-mail and have a small group that I communicate with. I am not an active user of text messaging because my cell phone company charges extra for any text message either received or sent.

I have participated in webinars. I have my PHR certification from SHRM and have to obtain 60 hrs of recertification credits every three years. SHRM holds webinars pertaining to human resource topics thoughout the year and I often participate in them. They have both "live" webinars and also archive them so you can watch whenever you have time.

No comments: